Conditions of Entry and Sale 2017 (Click to open/click to close)
Conditions of Entry and Sale
1. Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of two (2) works, but each work MUST be entered on a separate entry form.
2. Each work must be suitably framed and wired for hanging with ‘D’ rings placed half way down each side of frame. Inform your framer and gallery owner/curator accordingly. Works will be rejected if these conditions are not met.
3. Overall size for any artwork, including multi-panels, is not to exceed 2.5 metres in width or height including frame.
4. Works weighing more than 15kg (includes framing) will not be accepted.
5. Works on stretched canvas neatly presented will be accepted.
6. Entries must be the original work of the artist and must not have been shown previously.
7. Each work must have been completed in the last 12 months.
8. NO COPIES of works are admissible. Any person reporting an alleged breach must do so in writing to the President BCAG.
9. NO WET works, bark paintings, photographs, unprotected tempera, three dimensional or free standing works will be accepted.
10. Each artist must complete an entry form for each entry. Section A must be attached to the left back top of the entry and, if not an on-line entry, Section “B” of the entry form must be forwarded to BCAG, Attn: TASART, PO Box 186 BURNIE TAS 7320 with a cheque or money order at the rate of $30 for each exhibit.
11. Cheques are to be made payable to BCAG or transfer the money to The Burnie Coastal Art Group Inc Bendigo Bank, B.S.B No 633000 Acct No 111791232.
12. All Section B entry forms MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SUNDAY 8th SEPTEMBER at TASART, PO Box 186 BURNIE TAS 7320. Entries postmarked, handed in or emailed after Friday 8th September 2017 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ENTRY FORMS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED AT THE BURNIE REGIONAL ART GALLLERY.
15. The exhibition will comprise such of the entries as the Selection Panel shall select. The works so selected will be strictly confined to works that maintain a high standard for the exhibition. The selected works will be on view to the public at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery from Saturday 23rd September until Saturday 14th October 2017. Viewing hours are 10.00am – 4.30pm weekdays and 1.30 - 4.00pm on weekends (Note: closed 6th October for Burnie Show Day). The exhibition will close at 4.00pm on Saturday 14th October 2017.
16. Artists whose work is not selected for presentation in the exhibition will be notified by post or email, as soon as is practicable. No correspondence into the reasons for non-selection will be given. Entry fees are not refundable for works that fail to be selected or are refused receipt due to a failure to meet the acceptance criteria.
17. All works selected will be for sale and open to judging. TASART Exhibition Policy may be viewed on www.burniecoastalartgroup.org.au/TASART.
18. The Group shall be entitled to offer any entry for sale to the public at the price endorsed on the entry form. In the event of a sale, the Group shall be entitled to retain 25% of such price, as a selling commission. Payment to artists will be made within 2 weeks after the close of the exhibition.
19. Works shall be judged by such person or persons as selected and appointed by the Burnie Coastal Art Group Inc. All BCAG members and members of their families are ineligible for inclusion on the selection and judging panels. The judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entertained.
20. Irrespective of selling price, an artist winning a particular category/section will only be awarded the amount of prize money stated for that category/section.
21. BCAG will exercise all reasonable care in handling the works submitted, but will NOT be responsible for loss of, or for any damage whatsoever or however caused to any works while in the custody of the Group. Artists are responsible for insuring their works against loss or damage while in the custody of BCAG and/or in transit.
22. SPECIAL NOTE: ENTRIES MUST BE DELIVERED FREE OF ALL CHARGES. No payments whatsoever will be made by the Group for freight or other charges incurred in delivery or return of submitted works. PLEASE PAY RETURN FREIGHT IN ADVANCE and allow ample time for the works to be delivered no later than the advertised receiving days.
23. Except for the Public vote and Patron’s Awards, ALL awarded works are acquired by the sponsor:
24. BCAG Inc may allow any work so entered to be reproduced by newspaper, magazine or television. The Group may use photographs/JPEGs of any work, so entered, on in its website and in its promotional material for TASART.
25. Exhibits being delivered (personally or by courier) will be received at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery, Wilmot Street, Burnie no later than Friday 15th September 2017 between 10.00am and 4.30pm. Note: Personal delivery of works is only available on Saturday 16th September between 1.30pm and 4.00pm.
26. Exhibits must be collected by the artist or their representative from the Burnie Regional Art Gallery on Sunday 15th October 2017 between 1.30pm and 4.00pm or Monday 16th October 2017 between 10.00am and 2.00pm. These are the only times paintings can be collected, including paintings that were not selected for hanging.
27. BCAG is seriously inconvenienced if paintings are not collected before 2pm.Monday 16th October. Late collections will be liable for a handing fee of $20.00 per painting. After 2rd November 2017, uncollected works will become the property of the BCAG.
||Mancell Financial Group
||Major Open Award, Any medium, any subject
||Burnie City Council
||Any medium, any subject, on paper
||Adam Brooks MP
||Watercolour, any subject
||Any Subject, mixed media or any medium not eligible under Awards 4, 5 and 6
||Oil or Acrylic, any subject
||Pastel, any subject
||Roger Jaensch MP
||Any medium, Cradle Coast subject or by Cradle Coast resident artist
||Waratah Wynyard Council
||Any medium, any subject by resident Artist in the Waratah-Wynyard municipality
||Gowans Motor Group
Public Vote Award (non-acquisitive)
(All exhibits entered)
||Jeremy Rockliff (Patron’s Award)
||Open award, any medium, any subject (non-acquisitive) (All exhibits entered)